Animal Feed Dryers
Vulcan® Drying Systems 20 TPH Animal Feed Dryer System - new or used Vulcan 20 ton per hour Animal Feed Dryer dries ingredients used in animal feed, such as a mixture of spent grains or bakery wastes. This system has been designed to reduce moisture content in the feed ingredients through a direct fired rotary dryer. Particulate matter emissions (dust) are controlled using a wet dust extractor.
The system includes the following major components:
- Material Feed System: specially lined feed hopper and Tuffman screw conveyor
- Rotary Dryer: direct fired rotary dryer, drive, seals, industrial burner and combustion chamber
- Dry Material Discharge: Tuffman incline screw conveyor
- Air Pollution Control Devices: dust extractor with water filter and an internal, induced draft fan
- Controls: push button control panels or programmable logic controllers, PLC, options available
- New or used
- Customizable to meet your specific process needs including:
- Adding knockers to prevent internal buildup
- Pollutant limiting burners for reducing NOx and/or CO emissions
- Abrasion resistant linings
- Abrasion resistant flighting
- Insulation to increase thermal efficiency
- Vulcan® Drying Systems Vapor Heater
- Cyclone and baghouse in place of the wet dust extractor
The Vulcan® Drying Systems 20 TPH Animal Feed Dryer is fed wet animal feed ingredients to a high slip-lined hopper which gravity feeds a Tuffman screw conveyor, which transports material directly into the dryer. The Vulcan® Drying Systems direct fired rotary dryer is the workhorse of the drying industry. A simple unit, the inclined rotating cylinder, is fitted with a combustion chamber where an industrial burner radiates heat through the chamber and down the center of the drum. The combustion chamber ensures no feedstock is scorched during the drying process. This unscathed material is picked up by lifting flights and then cascaded into the hot combustion gases. This intense mixing provides the heat required for the phase transformation of liquid water into steam. As material progresses through the drum, more and more water is vaporized until the dried product drops by gravity into the Tuffman inclined discharge conveyor. Vapors, combustion gases, steam and tramp air entrain dust particles known as particulate matter, which must be controlled. The standard feed dryer controls dust through a Vulcan® Drying Systems dust extractor, which includes a motor, fan, demisters, pre-filter box, water filter, pumps and all plumbing. This versatile unit can handle 14,000 to 21,000 CFM. Another advantage of this wet type dust extractor is elimination of the possibility of "mudding the baghouse."
- Drying of spent grains for animal feed industry
- Drying bakery, fruit and vegetable wastes for animal feed industry
- Drying agricultural products and by-products, such as potatoes, tomatoes and bagasse
- Drying citrus pulps, grape pulps, corn by-products and vegetable and beet pulps
- Drying field crops for animal feed industry
- Drying of animal, feed and poultry wastes and renderings
- Drying of cereals, i.e. parboiled rice, for the food processing industry
Materials that can be processed: spent grains, bakery wastes, fruit and vegetable wastes, agricultural by-products, citrus pulps, grape pulps, field crops, poultry and animal wastes and renderings, cereals.
About Animal Feed Drying
The estimated volume of raw animal material (material not consumed by humans) generated annually in the United States is nearly 54 billion pounds. These animal by-products, along with many other materials including spent grains, bakery goods, fruits, vegetables, field crops, etc., can be used as ingredients in animal feed when thermally processed. Our drying processes allow the diversion of these by-products from the refuse stream to a valuable feed commodity.
Vulcan® Drying Systems Animal Feed Dryers are designed to process a variety of tonnages and moisture inputs per hour of wet animal feed. This unique system has been designed to reduce the moisture content of feed ingredients through a direct fired rotary dryer. The inclined rotating cylinder is fitted with a combustion chamber where an industrial burner radiates heat through the chamber and down the center of the drum. The combustion chamber ensures no feedstock is scorched during the drying process. The material is then picked up by lifting flights and cascaded into the hot combustion gases. This intense mixing provides the heat required for liquid to be transformed into steam. As material progresses through the drum, water is continually vaporized until the dried product drops onto an inclined discharge conveyor. The particulate matter is controlled with a Vulcan® Drying Systems Wet Dust Extractor. The end product is stable, valuable, and safe-to-use while also easy to handle and transport. Contact Vulcan® Drying Systems today for more information about our innovative animal feed dryer.